Finding and eating great tasting healthy buffalo wings is freaking hard.
How often are you disappointed with soggy, old tasting hot wings?! I know right! Not to mention, you know places don’t cook their buffalo wings in healthy oils or even use healthy ingredients to make their hot sauce. Well, we get you! Crispy, juicy on the inside and the correct amount of kick! Not too hot, just riiigghhtt… These bad boys will make your dreams come true and you’ll never want to eat hot wings out ever again. Trust us.
So what makes these wings healthy? How can you even make deep fried wings healthy, seriously? Well…
- Use healthy oils with a high burn rate. This prevents the oil from oxidizing, which increases omega 6s and causes inflammation (damage) to your body. Plus it smokes way less. ie. Avocado Oil’s burn rate is 500 degrees! https://amzn.to/2F4ikR6
- Buy your wings from an excellent supermarket where you know where they shop! Or buy through amazon fresh.
- Use GHEE or Grass-Fed butter for your sauce. Very nutrient dense. We prefer butter because mixing your hot sauce with GHEE doesn’t mix/blend as well as butter 🙁
- Use a sauce that has fewer ingredients in it. We like Dales pale ale or Louisiana hot sauce.
Healthy fats = More hormone production and fights inflammation.
This meal is loaded with healthy fats and if you leave
out the potatoes, it’s a very low carb snack, even a ketogenic dinner. We know healthy fats and cholesterol are the very things that make all your sex hormones. Cholesterol produces Testosterone! So lets keep that flowing as long as possible.
To make this paleo friendly. You’ll just sub out Yukon potatoes for sweet potatoes.
Healthy Buffalo Wings
We love these great tasting crispy healthy buffalo wings. You'll want to let your wings sit out for about 20mins and make sure they are dry. No water on them and not frozen, unless you want to burn yourself. Preheat oven to 425.
- 2 cups Avocado Oil Enough to fill the bottom of pan
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings and/or drums
- 2 tbsp Organic Chives Chopped finely
- 4 tbsp Organic Butter grass fed or GHEE
- 3 oz Dales Pale Ale Hot sauce or Louisiana Hot Sauce
Yukon Potato Fries
- 2 potatoes Organic Yukon Potato Sliced in 4ths then fry size
- 1 Sheet Parchment paper
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp Oregano Organic
- 2 tbsp Galic Powder Organic
- 2 tbsp Paprika organic
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
Preheat Oven to 425. While the oven heats up. Take your tators and cut 1/2s, then 1/4s and then slice into fry size. The thinner, the easier they get crispy, the thicker, the longer they will take to become crispy if you like that.
Place your fries in something you can toss and coat your fries with avocado oil and seasonings. Then place on a cooking sheet on top of parchment paper. Parchment paper will help them not stick as well as help with crispiness.
Bake those fries for roughly 30mins turning halfway through with a spatula. They should be golden brown or slightly crispy.
Heat up oil to medium-high/high heat. Once dry wings in hot oil slowly halfway covering the top with a lid so it doesn't speckle you with hot oil. Once you complete this wing Tetris game, you'll want to flip wings once they are golden brown.
Place golden brown wings in a sauce shaker of some kind so they can dry and cool a little. just before plating, cover with sauce and shake to cover them with sauce.
Warm up 4tbsp of grass-fed butter. Use dales hot sauce or Louisiana. If Louisiana, add a capful of apple cider vinegar. Slowly stir to smooth and creamy.
Garnish wings with chives or green onion. We like chives.
I like to start the oven first. Get all the pots and pans ready. Start the potatoes. Prep the sauce. And the wings take about 20mins, so once the oil is hot and the potatoes have about 20mins left, start the wings turning halfway for both wings and potatoes. Plate it covering wings with sauce and chives.
***Dales pale ale hot sauce may be hard to find. Use Louisiana hot sauce, butter and maybe a dash of apple cider vinegar for that bite. Always try to go organic with everything you buy.