What to do before you get a blood test?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Print off the requisition form that is uploaded within 48hrs into your secure portal and bring it to any Quest lab. Be sure to bring your ID.
- They will draw blood, so grabbing some drink or food after the draw will help bring your blood sugar back up. Take your time going anywhere after the draw.
- We will receive your results in about a 5-10 business days and you’ll get your report shortly after that uploaded into your secure portal.
For the Blood Test:
Be sure to follow the below for accurate results:
- Be sure to fast for 12 hours before blood is drawn. You will need to go in the morning before 10 am.
- We suggest refraining from taking vitamins for 48 hours before the test to get an accurate result. *For example, taking vitamin D the day before can elevate blood levels*. Continue to take any and all prescribed medication by your doctor. *This is not medical information and you should ask your doctor if you’re concerned*
- Refrain from drinking alcohol the night or two before.
- Refrain from drinking juices like pomegranate, tart cherry juice and beetroot.
- Do not exercise at all before the test in the morning.
- Try to only exercise lightly (or not at all if this is an option) the day before the test.
- Maintain good hydration for the 48 hours prior to the test.
Going to Quest:
You can walk into any Quest lab or you can make an appointment here: https://secure.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/psc/jsp/SearchLocation.do